Gartner has created a list with ten technologies which will be strategic for most companies in 2010.
A strategic technology is one with potential for a significant impact in the three coming years on the enterprise. Factors which determine significant impact are:
* High potential for disruption to IT or business
* Need for major dollar investment
* Risk of being late to adopt
The 10 strategic technologies for 2010 are:
* Cloud Computing
* Advanced Analytics
* Client Computing
* IT for Green
* Reshaping the Data Center
* Social Computing
* Security – Activity Monitoring
* Flash Memory
* Virtualization for Availability
* Mobile Applications
Read here the notes which come along each technology.
As a consultancy and development company, for us it’s important to understand and keep up with technologies which will impact companies and how these technologies can complement or be intertwined in the enterprise. For us, especially Advanced Analytics, Social Computing and Mobile Applications are of importance.
What technology trends can impact your business?
Responses to “Top 10 Strategic Technologies for 2010 by Gartner”
- Tweets that mention Top 10 Strategic Technologies for 2010 by Gartner | Agora Media Group Blog - Travel Industry, Social TV, tCommerce, 3D, Augmented Reality, Marketing, Design, Applications, Mobile, Open Source -- Topsy.com